Friday, June 12, 2009

9 days post op

I guess I dont have to tell you that the steri-strips fell off within hours yesterday. Actually, the top ones fell off by themselves. I helped the bottom ones a little. I was able to take a good look at the results for the first time too! Yesterday, the scars on top looked a little lumpy but today they arent as lumpy. I'm thinking that the lumps will go down or fade with time. Also, on the top left, there is a bit more xanthie remaining than I thought. Still, it's less than before and what's left (except for one small spot) is hidden in the crease of the lid. The bottoms look okay. He removed nearly all from the bottom lids except for that one 2.5mm spot on the left. As he said yesterday and as I had been thinking, had he taken any more off, there wouldnt have been enough skin for reconstruction. I'm happy with the results so far. I still have quite a bit of healing to do and I'm sure as it heals it will continue to look even better.
Dr. L also told me that there may be some little pieces of stitch left under the skin. He said I can just remove them when they come up. I found two such pieces today. They were really small and I used tweezers to get them. I'm kind of surprised I didnt poke myself or something. I'm not really good with tweezers!
My plan for today is to finally get the incisions wet! I've been totally faithful in keeping them dry up till now. I'm kind of excited and scared all at the same time. See, the thing is.... I really need to color my hair. Silly me, I should have done it before the surgery but didnt get around to it. Now, I have my regular 4 week pépe lé peu stripe (dark brown hair with white/gray roots). It needs to be done. Now that I can get my face wet, I'm going to do it. Not a full color job, just a touch up. I'll do the full color right before I go away. It's still basically the same process just less hairs colored. If I didn't need to do the color, I probably would have waited another day or two to get the areas wet--not because I cant, just because...because... I dont even know why. He said I can get them wet now so I dont know why I'm nervous. Sorry, got off track a bit there...
So, here are today's photos. Still bruised but improving a lot. I'm not quite ready to go out for a night on the town yet but that's coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. OH Wow! They look terrific. I am glad you are so pleased with your results so far! I know that when you go away, the men will be throwing themselves at you, off cliffs, into traffic.....all they stuff they have always done over you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!!! I think those days are over!

    ReplyDelete