Monday, June 15, 2009

12 days post op

Not too much progress to write about today. The raw spot is back, right in the same place. I don't think it likes water. It itches like crazy too. I've been keeping the ointment on it but something in the back of my head is telling me to let it dry out. I don't know what to do. The ointment doesn't help the itching much either! It doesn't look infected or anything and it's not any redder than the area has been so I'm pretty sure it's okay---at this point anyway. But darn, it itches!
Today was the first day that I didn't take any advil. Yea! I don't seem to be swollen and the bruising continues to resolve. I still feel a little tightness around the inner corners of both upper lids, more on the left but I'm thinking that's because I didn't have that much skin left to work with. I'm hoping it loosens up a bit over time. The left corner is still a little lower than the right corner so that hasn't changed. Its a little less noticeable today because I'm not swollen at all, or at least I don't appear to be. But that itching in that one spot is about to drive me insane. I'm thinking about putting some benedryl ointment on it but as I said before, I don't know if it would be better to just let it dry out. Ugh! I want to scratch it but I definitely know better than that! Maybe I should try not to get that side wet in the shower for a few days. Will let you know how that goes.
Meanwhile, here are this afternoon's photos. It's coming along...

No comments:

Post a Comment