Friday, June 19, 2009

16 days post op

Not a lot of change for today. The little raw spot is finally healing. It's still there but I can see a definite change towards getting smaller and more shallow. The photos are a bit deceptive on my left upper lid. It looks like there is a large area that isn't healed and that's not quite correct. The incision/scar is different on the left and the flash catches it in a weird way making it look like a larger open area. It's not. The (former) raw spot is really only about 2mm x 3mm which is pretty small and its at the very end of that incision. One interesting thing I noticed today is that the left lower scar is fading faster than the right lower one. Also, if I hold the mirror up above eye level, I see more darkness around the scars and when I hold the mirror below eye level, the darkness seems to disappear. Probably some strange optical illusion, I'm sure.
On another note, remember that stye I mentioned yesterday? Well, as expected, I couldn't let it just sit there and bother me any longer. It hurt. Now it's gone. I've done that before so it was easy. I also flushed the eye with the visine tears and then put another blob of the ointment in it. Right now, it feels 100% better than it did this time yesterday. Problem solved...
I saw a friend of mine, Amira today. She commented on how much better my eyes look. That made me feel good! I hope that means that all the tiny little flaws I'm seeing aren't really noticeable to other people!!!
That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment