Sunday, June 7, 2009

108 hours post op

I made it through the weekend! Tonight my eyes are feeling a little strained. I've been feeling like that most of today and I still have the headache. Again, I dont think the headache is related to the surgery. I've been watching a lot of tv these past 2 days and I think that's contributing to the strain my eyes feel right now. I'm going to take some more advil and go lay down as soon as I write this. I'm actually an hour early tonight but that's okay.
The swelling has gone down again and the bruising is much better. I scrolled through the photos from the past 4 days and I cant believe how much improvement there is. The stitches are definitely in itch mode now but its not like a regular itch. It's more like a tug-sting-itch kind of thing. Advil does seem to take a little of that away but it doesnt last.
My original plan had been to return to work tomorrow. I typically work a 12 hour day but I can tell that tomorrow will not be a typical day. I'll probably work a few hours in the morning, take a break for a few hours to rest my eyes and then work a little more in the afternoon. 90% of my work is done by computer and I just dont think I'm ready yet. When I was researching this surgery, what little I did find suggested taking a week to 10 days off. Um, I cant do that. Being self employed means that if I dont work, I dont get paid. I have to work. I'm just going to do it slow for a few more days.
Tomorrow, I'll probably update some time in the middle of the day, and do it just once. If I notice any significant differences I'll post more.
Anyway, here are tonight's photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment