Wednesday, December 30, 2009

S2 1 week post op #1

Wow, it's been a week since the surgery. I looked back over the past week's photos and I think I'm coming along nicely. I'll know what Dr. T thinks in a few hours. haha.
Today, in the mirror, I notice that the bruising is still darker on the left than on the right but in the photos it looks about even. Not sure why it's like that. I'm not a photographer though so I'm sure there's some logical reason... I just don't know it. There is still a little swelling on the right, but the left looks kind of normal. That area at the bottom of the right incision is getting smaller but is still there. It tingles a little bit at times too. Weird. But, since it's getting smaller, I have to assume it's healing, just taking longer than the rest.
There is definitely some left over re-born xanthie on the right. Now that it's not as swollen or bruised, I can see it. Other than the chunk he took off the bottom of that side (where the slow healing spot is) it kind of looks the same as it did 2 weeks ago. I really hope he got the stuff out from underneath and that it wont get any bigger. Again, that's on my list of things to ask Dr. T today at my post op appointment.
Here is this morning's photo. The little blue things you see are little stitch pieces. They kind of stick out of the incision on either end but are not on the outside. I have no idea what they connect to or if they are even connected to anything. I guess I'll find that out in a few hours too.
I'll come back after the appointment and let you know what he says. I hope he thinks I'm doing as well as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment