Tuesday, January 5, 2010

S2 13 days post op

Just got back from Dr. T's and CVS. 2.5 hours! No, I didn't spend all that time with Dr. T. CVS had issues but that's irrelevant.
This morning, when I was checking my incisions, I noticed that the areas with the stitches hanging out were starting to close more. I got a little worried about that thinking how in the world will he see them and how will he get them out? Turns out my fears were unfounded. As soon as I pointed to them, he saw them and knew exactly what had happened. He says these were internal stitches, and called them thrown stitches. He cut them out and then said he was going to put more in! The area around the stitches hadn't closed and he wanted to make sure it closed properly. I felt little pinches but it didn't really hurt. He said it didn't look infected but still gave me a prescription for Bactrim to be on the safe side. I asked him about the little bump at the lower side of the left incision and he looked at it, felt it and said not to worry about it and that he wasn't worried about it at all. I'm thinking that there are more internal stitches than I had originally thought and that they will eventually dissolve and the bump (and blue tinges here and there) will go away in time. No change in the follow up appointment 11 weeks (now 10) from now. As for the new stitches, which are clear and super tiny, he says they will dissolve in about a week.
When I got home, I looked at what he did. The dark spots are gone and the areas look closed but reddish. I'm not sure if that's remnant bruise or what. It's also kind of sore. I'll start taking the antibiotic tonight and hope for the best. While I was at CVS I also refilled the erythromycin ointment. I still had some but you never know and I think it's good to have it anyway.
Here are today's photos. Lots of sunlight in the regular shot but the close ups are all flash so they look different. The raw spot is still there but as I keep saying every day, it's getting smaller. It's healing and that's good. I hope the right incision heals up now. I'd much rather it be closed before I go on vacation in 8 days. As always, I'll keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment