Sunday, January 3, 2010

S2 11 days post op

I'm a little late with the update today because I woke up with puffy eyes this morning. No particular reason that I know of, just normal puffiness. I decided to wait until they went back to normal before taking the photos.
No real changes today. The left side still has the crescent bruise but it is getting smaller and lighter. The raw spot at the top is still there but in the photos appears to be getting smaller. It sure is taking it's time. Then again, the last raw spot did too. The right side looks to have a little bruising around the lower edges that I don't remember as being quite as prominent in the past few days. Maybe my fooling around with it yesterday did something? I don't know. I cleaned the area around the stitch again last night and this morning. The part that hadn't been healing looks a tiny bit smaller today. I'm not sure that's such a great thing because that stitch is in pretty deep and I'd hate for Dr. T to open it back up to get it out. There is still a tiny bit of swelling on the right and it's mostly in the area near the stitch. Yeah, that stitch has to come out.
Now that most of the bruising and swelling has subsided, I can see what is left of the new xanthies. They are definitely not gone like last time either. It looks like Dr. T took off the bottom 3rd of the new lesion on the right but left the top 2/3rds. On the left, the spot that Dr. L left right over the tear duct is still there along with a few pieces down the incision. It's much narrower than it was so I guess it's an improvement. Looking at these today is kind of depressing. I have to hope that Dr. T removed the tissues underneath so that they don't reincarnate again but I just don't know anymore. I'd like to get more of the right side removed but how many times do I have to go through this surgery to get it right...? Blah. Maybe it's just the mood I'm in today.
Here are today's photos. I was able to get the close up shots with less glare so you can see more detail. You can so see how much xanthie is still there on the right side. It's that yellowing right above the incision. All of that is remaining xanthie, just as wide and just as ugly as it was a month ago. :(
Hopefully I can get this stitch out tomorrow or Tuesday. The longer it stays in, the more chance of scarring. That would suck too.


No comments:

Post a Comment