Thursday, May 27, 2010

S3 8 days post op

Hello~
I was thinking last night how boring the recovery for this surgery has been. Well, maybe not exactly boring but more un-eventful than the others. Dont get me wrong-- I'm not complaining!!!
Todays report is good. Upper right, lower right and lower left all look and feel fine. If it wasn't for that bruise under my right eye and the red on my eyeball, you wouldn't even know something had been done! The left upper is still doing it's thing. The moat looks to be closing in just a little bit and the flap doesnt look as weird. It may all be falling into place but it definitely has a ways to go. The moat is still a moat! I was looking closely at it today and it reminds me of the raw spots I got with the other 2 surgeries. Obviously this is larger but it looks and feels sort of the same. Raw, itchy and mad! One thing I dont think I've mentioned is this new twitch in my left eye. It's coming from the lower outer edge. No scalpel has touched that area so I have no idea why it's happening. I'd really REALLY love to rub that eye... nice and hard!!!
Something else I didn't mention this time that was issue last time is washing my hair. My recovery was so much easier this time and the surgery so much less extensive that I washed my hair IN the shower on day 4! Ha!!! I didn't even tell you guys! I figured, it's really just the left upper that shouldn't get wet and it was easy to cover AND shampoo at the same time! Actually... my hair could use a color touch up but I'm not that crazy. That will have to wait until the moat heals. I remember the raw spots and what happened when they got wet. It was icky. I'd rather wait it out.

So that's todays update. The photos are taken with ointment on so they have that glossy look. It makes the moat look worse doesn't it??. Tomorrow I'll do them dry.
See ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment