Wednesday, May 26, 2010

S3 1 week post op

One week since the surgery... I cant say it went slow or fast this time. It kind of went by normal!
Not too much to report today as there isn't too much of a change since yesterday. The bruising on the right lower definitely looks better and so does the bruising on the left upper. The right upper, right lower and left lower are all healing, and closed. That was probably faster than any of the other surgeries!!! The left upper still looks a bit angry. Its struggling to heal but looking at it closely, I can see why. I have to keep in mind that it IS only a week and it was the deepest and largest of the incisions this time. The flap doesn't seem to be quite as swollen but it definitely still hurts underneath. The moat part is kind of raw but I continue to use the ointment on it and keep it clear. Remembering not to rub that eye has been a challenge....
So, here are today's photos. They look kind of the same as yesterday dont they?? ;)



4 comments:

  1. Whoa so many updates since I checked last time.

    I hope it'll hel up nicely! What if the xanties come back again though? =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :)

    Just the thought of them coming back the way they were makes my head spin! I can deal with some xanthie, especially since I think I'm always going to have some but I'd never let them get huge, thick and ugly like they were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay....I just thought about how annoying it would be to go through the surgery again and again just because they come back....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'd have to stop at some point LOL!
    From the first surgery with Dr. L, everything he removed came back. In the second surgery, Dr. T only removed some pieces and what he removed has not come back. What he took off this last time were small pieces that he couldnt get in the 2nd surgery because there just wasnt enough skin. As of right now, I still have some on the right lower and a little piece on the left upper. I'm hoping to get those off eventually. I have my fingers crossed that they dont come back but you never know. After the first surgery, they were back within 4 months or less. But now, its been 6 since the 2nd surgery with no rebirth of xanthie.
    :)

    ReplyDelete