Tuesday, May 25, 2010

S3 6 days post op

Good Morning~
After stressing my eyes yesterday, you'd think I would have gone to bed and slept for 10 hours right..? Hardly. If I got 4 I'm lucky. I woke up SO early today and just couldn't go back to sleep. Oh well...
The eyes are continuing to heal. The right upper and left lower look fine. Unless you look closely, you cant even tell something was done to them. The right lower still has that bruise that looks like a black eye. What ever external stitches he had on that incision fell out yesterday afternoon. If it didn't have such a deep bruise, that lid would look fairly normal too. The upper left on the other hand definitely still looks weird. The last of those stitches fell off this morning and after wiping around it with an alcohol pad, I can finally see what he did. Its like he cut a U shape of skin or a flap and moved it to cover the hole left by taking out some xanthie. I'm not convinced the flap piece was big enough though and around the lower margin, there appears to be like a moat. Yeah, I know... weird. I'm hoping it will all heal together and flatten out---one day! There is still bruising on that lid but only slight swelling. I still think I'm healing faster than before but it could be that it just wasn't as extensive.
My post op appointment was scheduled for Thursday but I have a conflict so I called yesterday to reschedule. The soonest they had available was next Tuesday. I asked the girl to bounce it off of Dr. T and if he wanted to see me sooner I'd find a way to get to his other office. I told her I was doing fine, that this wasn't my first time and that there were no external stitches to be removed. She said if I dont hear from her then Dr. T is okay with Tuesday. So far I haven't heard from her.
There really isn't much else to report today. This surgery seems almost boring compared to the other 2. ~sigh~
Here are today's photos. I'm not sure what to think. Because of the bruising, the right lower remnant xanthie looks huge. Its definitely not thick and gross like they were originally but clearly, there is still xanthie there. There is also a decent size piece still on the left upper. I guess we'll have to see what Dr. T says on Tuesday about that.
See ya tomorrow~



No comments:

Post a Comment