Tuesday, June 1, 2010

S3 13 days post op

Hello!!
No, I didn't fall off the planet. I'm still here. :) I just kind of relaxed--away from the computer--for most of the weekend.

I had my post op with Dr. T today. He seemed happy with my progress. I asked him about the deep bruise on the right lower and he said that sometimes when injecting the Novocaine, they hit a blood vessel causing bruising. He said that when they hit a vessel during surgery, they can clamp it or put pressure on it but when its the needle that hits it, there isn't much they can do. We joked about it for a minute and he assured me that he didn't jab me in my sleep! I also asked him about the twitch. He gave it some fancy medical term that had about 30 letters in it and says it can be caused by stress or caffeine or one other thing that I dont remember at the moment but that it usually resolves itself. He didn't even notice the dot and didn't connect it to the twitch so I guess I was wrong on that. I have been under considerable stress lately and I do drink gallons (just kidding) of coffee so he could be right. We'll see if it resolves.

We talked about the graft sliding loose and the moat. He gave me a funny look and laughed about me calling it a moat, but it did look like one until a day or so ago. He didn't seem surprised that it had opened and said it looked fine.
He thinks that last piece of xanthie above that area may be able to be removed right in his office. Hmmm. I'm not so sure about that! I'm kind of a chicken and I dont know how I'd feel being wide awake. It does seem a bit extreme to put me to sleep for just that piece though. We're going to evaluate it and the right lower in 10 weeks when I go back. He also noted that my left lower was "puffy". Little does he know that I squeezed that crap out of that dot just a few short days ago. I think that's why its puffy but I didn't tell him. Besides I could be wrong--yet again! He seemed to think it was possibly some fatty tissue that could be removed. He did say that it would be totally cosmetic for that and I'm sure my insurance isn't going to be interested in paying to fix that. We'll see how that progresses and if it is in fact the dot or not.

So that was my visit. Nice and neat. As for the eyes, well, the moat is closing in and is healing up. I've been letting it dry out a little every day and that seems to help it along faster than the raw spots last year. The dot area still feels like something is in it and its not really healing so yeah, I think there's something in it, but it will just have to work its own way out. Everything else looks just fine.
I may not be on here too much now until my next appointment. This surgery was so much simpler than the other two. Naturally, if something changes I'll be back before then. 10 weeks is a long time so I may come on just to say hi sooner~
Here are today's photos. Notice the moat is drying up!! yea! One thing I notice though is that the flash catches what's left of the xanthies and in real life, you dont see them quite as much. I'm still a lousy photographer!!!
Can you believe in 2 days it will be the 1 year anniversary of the first surgery???
Take care!



10 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara!

    How are your scars nowadays?

    Take care!

    -Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara,

    Haven't heard from you in a very long time--hope everything is OK. I did have my xanthies lasered off and they've already grown back (3 months later). Very, very dismayed by this. I do hope that yours have stayed away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara! I don't know if you're checking your blog anymore, but I wanted to thank you again for writing it.

    Yesterday I finally got the scars I got from removing my xanties fixed. I should've gone to a plastic surgeon right away, haha.

    Thanks again, and good luck in your life!

    -Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wondering about an update also. Your blog made me decide against surgery. I'm going the chemical route. I have a consult with a surgeon at the end of next month. I've been waiting for six months for the appt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He said mine are too big and I have to go the surgical route - and that they go into the valley of the nose meaning possible spider scars. Wish you were updating your blog. I'd love to find out whats new with everything. KT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your story , it has been incredibly helpful, and reassuring. At some point i thought resistance to this affliction was futile but i got a belief now that it can be beaten!! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for writing this! I will have xanthelasma on both upper lids removed in a month. They're smaller than yours were and I'll be awake during the surgery. I was quite curious about the recovery and how it all will look. Of course it's individual but this was a quite helpful! I hope you're happy with the result now, some years later. /Sandra, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancratics cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chemicals used in industries gives me Leukemia Cancer and it's all started when I wanted to get off my job to get another job that when I got diagnose, at that very point I was so scared to die because it has infected my blood cells also I was prescribed drugs like Cyclophosphamide,Busulfan,Bosutinib,Cytarabine, Cytosar-U (Cytarabine),Dasatinib in all that was just to keep me waiting for my dying day. I got inspired by what I read from a lady called Tara Omar on blog spot on how Dr Itua cure her HIV/Aids then they were lettered below that says he can cure Cancer so I pick his contact on the testimony she wrote then I emailed Dr Itua hopefully he replied swiftly to my mail then I purchased his Herbal medicine also it was shipped to me here in Texas, I went to pick it at post office so he instructs me on how the treatment will take me three weeks to cure my Leukemia Disease, Joyfully I was cured by this Dr Itua Herbal Medicine.
    I will advise you too to give a try to Dr Itua Herbal Medicine with the following diseases that he can help you cure forever___Diabetes, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer, Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Vaginal Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Leukemia Cancer, Hepatitis, Brain Tumors, Tach Disease,Love Spell, Infertility, Hpv. GoodLuck,XoXo****
    Dr Itua Contact Information:::
    Email (drituaherbalcenter@gmai.com)
    WhatsApp-(+2348149277967)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Barbara, thank you for writing this. I have xanthies on both upper and lower eyes and have scheduled surgery to get it removed. I'm just wondering if your xanthies have resurfaced (hopefully not) and what is your progress after almost 10 years of surgery.

    ReplyDelete